Need A Good Master Cylinder

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My master cylinder is done............again. I replaced it about 2.5 yrs/25,000 ago. It's been my daily driver and I have been rough on it at times, but I thought it should last longer than that....idk. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys can recommend a proven, reliable brand to get one from. I need all of the consistent braking power I can get out of my 9" drums :p

Thanks I appreciate the response. $100 is a bit steep, but better than wasting another $50 or worse yet, smashing into someone on the highway(almost did that with last MC:eek:). I'm doing the labor on it myself again, so I'm saving there. I've saved so much on so many jobs for this thing between me and my mechanic friend, I'm willing to take the hit. Thanks again.

And btw, also saved a ton from Rich007 on here. He hooked me up with a rear when mine was totally blown. The wheel literally popped out at like 40-45 mph hahahahaha. Thanks dude!!!!!:thankyou:

For manual brakes, you surely want the 15/16"D bore, which raises the DoctorDiff price to $125. On my 64 Valiant I used a 2-4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay) w/ a 95-99 Breeze ABS alum MC ($25 ebay). Its 7/8" bore gives an even easier pedal. I used the same MC on my 65 Dart and 65 Newport, which both have boosters. Has standard 3/16" inverted flare ports, but your tube nuts are probably a different size (69 Dart used different F & R nuts?). Might also be true w/ DrDiff MC, which I think is same as 1980's Dodge trucks. You might need a double flare tube to remake your tube ends. If you haven't been doing so, flush thru new brake fluid every ~4 yrs in all your cars, or use DOT 5 silicone fluid. SoCal guys might go 10 yrs between flushes.

-
Back