Need a lead on some terminals

-

iw378

Reaction score
Hello all. I am rewiring my car an now at the point where I need to do the gauge cluster.
I am looking for the terminals that crimp on the ends of the gauge wiring that insert into the circular plug. I know they are an open barrel and have been googling but I must not be guessing the name of these right. I know I could cut and splice to the new wires but would rather not. Any help appreciated.
Luke

I haven't seen them. I think you may have to splice....

I'd rather try to un crimp them with with an awl than splice. It will time consuming but I'm OCD like that..
LOL

i'd agree to uncrimp them, cut the wire back .25" and fabricate a new crimp on newly exposed wire. Then find some grease suitable for electrical connections these days. I believe dielectric grease will do but likely any will do as well. Dielectric does not conduct but .. :

http://www.w8ji.com/dielectric_grease_vs_conductive_grease.htm

I am putting grey permatex anti-seez on all my connections. So far no corrosion even on batteries.

Ill probably buy this for the duster resto-mods.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CFNL46/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Jet-Lube Silicone DM Dielectric Grease, 1 lb Can: Industrial Greases: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

Sorry not any good for help on actual connector source.

I figured I can cut the wire flush with the end, use a pick to get the old wire out of the crimp, then push the awl into expand the now empty crimp, insert new wire and re crimp.
I'd rather not go through all of that and just crimp new terminals on my wires but I will if I have to.

Let us know if they work. I would measure the diameter of the Mopar cluster pins first to be assured. Personally, I would pick apart the crimps and re-use your terminals. If you jam a small flat screwdriver in the crimp slot and twist, then pry, you should be able to get the wires out. I always solder after crimping because I can't crimp as tight as the factory.

I'll keep you guys posted. The pins on the back are 3/32 diameter and the brass bullit connectors I ordered are 3.8mm so they are approx. 1 mm too big so I'll just compress them a little bit for a snug fit.

I use Molex P/N 02-09-1119 sockets. They fit the pins perfectly, but don't always lock into the housing. Each one holds with the same force as the originals, so once you get them all on and tiewrapped together, they will hold firmly. I get mine from Mouser.

I'll keep you guys posted. The pins on the back are 3/32 diameter and the brass bullit connectors I ordered are 3.8mm so they are approx. 1 mm too big so I'll just compress them a little bit for a snug fit.

Please do keep us posted. There was a shop in Oregon that had a "source" of sorts that could get damn near everything......of course they closed up a few years back....

M & H has these and reproduces complete harness assembly's sold through Year One. They wiil sell these terminals direct.

www.wiringharness.com/

-
Back