need a little compression bump.

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
need a head gasket recommendation for a street car. It has a stock bore 318 with mildly ported "302" heads on it and factory replacement pistons. Short block is done and it's going back together so at this point in the game my only option is a thinner than stock gasket. I know it wont be much but I'll take what I can get at this point. Any suggestions??

stock steel head shim sprayed with copper coat.

or just mill the heads a lil get some fel pro perma torques, I run them on 10.1 motors all the time, just don't tune it way lean or run too much timing.duh right..

MP thin ones I think are .028 compressed. You can spend bigger bucks and get something MLS thinner and with the proper size bore, but they are about 6x the cost of the MPs.

yes, .028 is best option on your engine, i calculate my 318->390 CR between those .028 gaskets and fel-pro gaskets,and results was that you can lift up your CR half point.(0,5)

Are those not the stock gaskets? The MP thin ones?

Are those gaskets available? Unless I missed them they aren't on the Summitt website. I'll try Mancini.

Mancini has them, should work on your 318. Mr Gasket also makes a .028 gasket. The MP ones should give you more compression because they have a smaller bore diameter.

-
Back