Need a little help!

-

ckj688

Reaction score
I need to get a new master cylinder because I have done a front and rear disc brake conversion. I'm not an expert in master cylinders or boosters (and I understand you pretty much require a booster for disc brakes?)

My question is, will the following master cylinder/booster combo work in my '70 Dart? It mentions that the MC is for front disc brakes...but does that also mean it could be for rear discs as well? And I believe I need to go with the 7" booster otherwise I will hit the headers.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SSB-A28142/?image=large

Any help is appreciated, I've never done a disc conversion before so any insight is valuable to me!

Thanks,
Craig

my 71 duster has the 73 front disc brake upgrade, drum in the back and I have manual brake master cylinder. No booster. I did upgrade to the new MC that has the plastic housing. But prior to that is was the cast iron manual MC. Works just fine.

I don't have any pics..otherwise I would post for you. Sorry.
Aloha.

I need to get a new master cylinder because I have done a front and rear disc brake conversion. I'm not an expert in master cylinders or boosters (and I understand you pretty much require a booster for disc brakes?)

My question is, will the following master cylinder/booster combo work in my '70 Dart? It mentions that the MC is for front disc brakes...but does that also mean it could be for rear discs as well? And I believe I need to go with the 7" booster otherwise I will hit the headers.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SSB-A28142/?image=large

Any help is appreciated, I've never done a disc conversion before so any insight is valuable to me!

Thanks,
Craig

Are you going with fender well headers? Just wondering why it would hit the headers.

That kit is listed for GM cars.

I don't know why you would need a booster. I have manual disks and drums and can lock up all 4 tires very easily. Also if you really want a booster, there will be one coming up in the auctions for Adam very soon. hint hint!

Jack

Are you going with fender well headers? Just wondering why it would hit the headers.

That kit is listed for GM cars.

Wups, I meant to link to the Mopar one! If I can get away from using a booster then the better, and now that I look at it, maybe a 9" would clear everything? I guess the header might not be an issue...

4599_503899127103_215200221_81649_5456852_n.jpg

-
Back