Need a little help....

-

Perfek360

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a 1969 valiant signet 2dr. And I have been trying to find info on what other a-body body parts are interchangeable with it. I am in need a of a new drivers side fender and a grill and just wanted to know what my options are for replacing it (i.e. what fenders and grills from other cars will fit on and match the body lines if its possible). Just need some info so I don't end up buying something that doesn't fit or flow right.

Thanks in advance!

All valiant/duster fenders have the same shape just the side marker lights and emblem location are different. 69-71 valiant or 70-71 duster will be a direct bolt on. As for the grill the 69 is one year only.

The 67-70 front clips should interchange. This means fenders, hood, hood latch support, bumpers and associated hardware. 71 -73 might also interchange. Bumpers and attachments go a little strange after that and may not fit, throwing the rest of the equation into a tail spin.

In the rear, it looks like the tail lights will interchange, but don't count on it. I know for a fact that the 69 tail lights will not fit the 68 without a little work on the body.

67-76 K-frames and associated hardware will interchange with the exception of the anti-roll bar. 67-72 anti-roll bars interchange across those years. 73 + interchange with each other. If a 73 + K-frame is mounted into a 72 - car, the newer anti-roll bar is also needed. e.g. My 72 Demon has a 75 k-frame and anti-roll bar.

Running gear exchanges across the Valiant and Dart models except drive shafts. Even then, there is an exception. The Dart Sport/Demon drive shaft will interchange with a Valiant.

'70-72 grills with the headlight bezels will fit, the bumpers from '67 to '72 are the same on valiants and dusters,as well as '69 to '72 hoods. the doors from the 2 door post darts from'67 to '69 will fit but the lock knob location was different on some years.

i put a 70 duster fender on my 67 valiant and the headlight bucket was a little different. the headlight adjuster screw tabs were a little different but i made it work. 67's were kind of oddballs so i'm not sure what year they changed. also, the piece between the grill and bumper from a duster will also work. in my case i just mounted the parking/turn signal lights behind the grill.

i put a 70 duster fender on my 67 valiant and the headlight bucket was a little different. the headlight adjuster screw tabs were a little different but i made it work. 67's were kind of oddballs so i'm not sure what year they changed. also, the piece between the grill and bumper from a duster will also work. in my case i just mounted the parking/turn signal lights behind the grill.

Nice, thanks man. Do you know what year of dusters that the piece will work? Or is it all dusters?

And thanks everyone for all the info. It will definitely help me make sure I get the right parts.

for sure all small bumper valiants and dusters will work. not sure about the later big bumper years. 67 and 68 turn signals were mount on that piece so if your into true restoration they won't be right. i kind of like the hidden turn signals though.

IMG_1207_1.jpg

-
Back