Need A Little More Help with 66 Dart Wheels and Tires

-

Legacy

Reaction score
My son and I are restoring his 66 Dart, 270, 4 door. It has the original 13", 5 x 4 steel wheels. The car has 4 wheel drum brakes and stock suspension.

He would like to update to a 14" wheels and is looking at wheels that are 14 x 7, with a 5 x 4 bolt pattern. Backspacing is 4". Does anyone foresee any issues with putting these wheels on all four corners.

Thanks much
Legacy

I don't think it would cause any problems. You're about nearing the limit there though in my opinion, in terms of width. Sounds like a cool project though. Not a lot of 4 doors.

IMG_8650.JPG
IMG_8655.JPG
IMG_8660.JPG
I don't think it would cause any problems. You're about nearing the limit there though in my opinion, in terms of width. Sounds like a cool project though. Not a lot of 4 doors.
FlyingFalcon
Thanks for the response.

Here are a couple of pictures of the car. We took it down to bare metal, fixed all the rust spots, applied epoxy primer and just recently applied high build sealer/primer.

i have the same car. and switched from 13 to 14. I think I went 14x5. I think the wider it gets, the more trouble you will have rubbing against the fender.

Already with my 5in width wheels, I cant really remove the rear wheels unless I jack up the body. it wedges right under the fender otherwise.

-
Back