Need a Mopar bumper expert

-
Damn good idea. That's why I requesting help from the experts. Looking at the pics I still think the Barracuda is the winner even when I know I'm wrong.
I'm wondering if Rob is onto it.. a rear? That's possible. Or 1st Gen Barracuda?

If I relocate the mounting holes and hang it willing to bet no one could tell.
I was gonna change the shock brackets mounting the front of the 74 Duster to the normal kind. Holes ain't the same, so just was going to get new chrome bolts for the old holes and cut off the backs..or get real short ones

I was gonna change the shock brackets mounting the front of the 74 Duster to the normal kind. Holes ain't the same, so just was going to get new chrome bolts for the old holes and cut off the backs..or get real short ones
We do what it takes. I only need to find a drill that makes a square hole. They make hand knock out punches for just such a task but metal too thick for hand punch.

We do what it takes. I only need to find a drill that makes a square hole. They make hand knock out punches for just such a task but metal too thick for hand punch.
Drill to size, dremel some, then a small triangle file? I just wanted to save weight on mine. Should have never even thought about it. Cost me money I'll never see, probably won't do it, as I think it's maybe 10 # per side. I dunno.

I’m thinking to to take a hard look at 63-65 Valiant or 64-65 Barracuda ??

Using 4spdragtop’s books….

Close ?

1963 Valiant

KP8Iif35Ak.jpg

Last edited:
Drill to size, dremel some, then a small triangle file? I just wanted to save weight on mine. Should have never even thought about it. Cost me money I'll never see, probably won't do it, as I think it's maybe 10 # per side. I dunno.
I have projects that have already spent the money on and I still can't get around to doing it. All of them are too involved and I'm getting lazy. Not that this is an involved project but I've had the bumper for years and just recently decided to put it on. Tired of looking at the sorry repaired one. But what happens; it's the wrong part. Tell me that's not a blow. That's $300.00 down the drain if I can't find out what this thing fits.

That is close. I was so impressed with the pics from 4spdragtop that I ordered Chilton auto service manual from 64-71 just to get a closer look. I have a Chilton that only covers 69-76.
Wonder what the rear looks like

I have projects that have already spent the money on and I still can't get around to doing it. All of them are too involved and I'm getting lazy. Not that this is an involved project but I've had the bumper for years and just recently decided to put it on. Tired of looking at the sorry repaired one. But what happens; it's the wrong part. Tell me that's not a blow. That's $300.00 down the drain if I can't find out what this thing fits.
Hey Brother, that's something that would happen to me too. People will sell ya anything, including "The Dream" ... you'll get it right

-
Back