Need a new air compressor

-
Well my old Compair-Kellog 220 single phase 5 HP air compressor is getting weak. Since I have found out it was only made a couple of years 1984-1985, there are no parts available for me to rebuild the pump.
I need some real life feedback on a good compressor. I need at least 12 CFM @ 90 PSI.
I’d like a 60-80 gallon tank. I also like horizontal style but most are vertical style. I’ve read all the BS on different ads and quite frankly I’m tired of having smoke blown up my ***. I would like to hear from you guys as to what really works and has a track record. Thanks in advance.
There is a company in New York called ICC. I’d venture to guess parts are still available. Kellogg made great pumps, right up there with Leroy and older Quincy’s....325/340/350. The newer Quincy’s are okay but not like the past. Both the Qt and Qp are better than Home Depot/Lowe’s/ harbor. But neither have cup valves, rather valve plates.....good bad indifferent. It boils down to environment, maintenance and if sized correctly.....how often are you going to use it? The Quincy 325 (older version) is a 5 hp, makes roughly 3.9 Cfm per hp at 100 psi.....your children’s children’s will be using it.

The main reason I’m not considering a new pump is that I don’t know the condition of my old tank. It is 36 years old.

If you are thinking about keeping just the old tank as a second receiver and you are concerned about the integrity of the tank, there are two ways to proceed. First pull out the inspection plugs on the side of the tank and look. The second is to find someone with a ultrasonic cylinder bore thickness gauge and see what the metal thickness is on the very bottom of the tank. I just bought a used 80 gallon horizontal tank to use as a second receiver and the seller pulled the plugs for inspection before I bought it.

-
Back