Need a new balancer

-

got job

Reaction score
I need a new harmonic balancer for a 73 340 cast crank. What are my options? Was the balancer marked 340 cast crank only for that year or is it really the same balancer as a 360? Will a pro/street balancer from Summitt for an external balance small block work?

It's a different balancer from the 360, and carries marks for the 340. (The same goes for the flexplate.... different for the cast 340 vs 360.) Wish I could help you with options.....I never had one or researched it.

It's a different balancer from the 360, and carries marks for the 340. (The same goes for the flexplate.... different for the cast 340 vs 360.) Wish I could help you with options.....I never had one or researched it.
I believe all the flex plates are the same, is the torque converters that are different. However B&M makes a flexplate that will allow you to use a standard torque converter on a cast crank 340

Thanks for the e-bay link. I found one locally that I will look at tomorrow. I have a B&M flex plate and neutral converter on the car. My balancer is throwing the rubber out.

I believe all the flex plates are the same, is the torque converters that are different. However B&M makes a flexplate that will allow you to use a standard torque converter on a cast crank 340
Roger, I was thinking of the B&M flexplates only.

-
Back