Need a new scan tool

-
Something else you may not know.....If you see an Actron scan tool, don't laugh at it. Bosch makes those too.

I also have an Innova, they made a few different ones, I have what wa sthe "2nd from the top" a few years ago, still a piece of crap..... OK for a quick code clear.
One thing I dont like is teh machine asks if this (enter car) is your car.... always have to answer "yes" because if you don't it "kicks you out" and wont even read codes let alone tell you anything else about the car you happen to be plugged into
Ya never know. Maybe somebody put the wrong car under the diagnostic port. LOL

Well I know that action and innova made more than 1 model of scan tool.
Maybe yours is newer, maybe a different model, maybe I'm too used to the shop's OTC (outdated) or my snap on, as to why I don't like the innova I have. It don't do all that it claimed to on the package I do know that.
We have another one at work that nobody likes it's called auto enginuity or something like that. Has to be used in conjunction with w laptop. Neither the boss or me have been able to get that thing to do what it is supposed to, ever since new so that one just collects dust.

I agree with you its likely a different model. And yes its nothing like the snap on we had in the shop. Its a night and day difference. Too many choices when it comes to these things and every has a preference

i have had an actron for years. it has the obd 1 and 2 adapters. does ot do abs or srs though. i love it.

-
Back