Need a pic of 66 Dart trunk weatherstrip

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Now my car is painted I can put my new weatherstrip on that I,ve had for 2 years.My old one was disinigrateing,flattened and in peices.So a pic of one on the trunk would be helpful.Lets see yours!Thanks

Hey Scott,
Just found my camera and went out to the garage and my 66 has no trunk seal...another part I need !!!
Took a picture of my flattened 63 dart seal,it butts up at the latch if that is your question.

Attachments

• DSCN1145.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 125
On my way out to take a picture of an American 66 valiant Will it be the same style ?

Here's a seal on my 72....pretty much the same. I used black snot and clothespins to hold it together while setting up. The split goes near the latch. Good luck and congrats on getting the 66 back together :cheers:

Attachments

• Demon Trunk Seal.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 159
Don't pay attention to the Dart style trunk mate :D I got that from Bill Dedman because Victoria's mat was almost 50 years old and not doing it's job.. and it was on it's way to some where ells when Bill gave it to me :happy2:
In case they shared the same seal structure :happy1:

Attachments

• Nesting 017.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Nesting 016.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Nesting 019.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 125
  • Nesting 020.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Nesting 024.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 115
Thanks for the pics MeMike and 6pk and everybodyelse.:D I really like the cloths peg idea C,but don,t think I can get black snot here LOL Now where,d I put that glue?

-
Back