Need a sanity check on my tank

-

AlV

Crabs in a barrel
Reaction score
my fuel tank arrived today (for my 69 Dart) and after inspecting it I'm wondering if the bend on the flange is supposed to be there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 152
I believe that it's there so they can bend the back of the flange for clearance... (see how the front part near the sending unit bends down.)

It's there on purpose, not an accident. I wouldn't worry about it...

I believe that it's there so they can bend the back of the flange for clearance... (see how the front part near the sending unit bends down.)

^^^

Cool! Thanks!
I have one more for you guy's.

I don't remember how the filler neck attaches to the quarter panel.
The left quarter has an AMD skin on it and It doesn't have the holes.
Before I dig in and start drilling I'm hoping someone can take a picture of their set up for reference.

716751BE-606F-4868-ABBC-99B48D068230_zpsvjsmjh7f.jpg

F5EEEC0A-B944-4F9C-9D0D-53E0C27CE966_zpsqngowtqb.jpg

7AFA8468-E9F9-4A05-89F4-F76FAE3CECCC_zpsnmohsps2.jpg

While searching through the FABO archive I ran across the 4mulas post regarding his flip top adapters. Not only did this point me in the right direction, now I want to buy one and a flip top to go with it. lol

A friend put a fuel cell in his and did the flip top as well. He kept the cap on the cell in the trunk and just ran the neck to a little box with a drain. You would be surprised what showed up in the box! I think he had some psycho ex's....

A friend put a fuel cell in his and did the flip top as well. He kept the cap on the cell in the trunk and just ran the neck to a little box with a drain. You would be surprised what showed up in the box! I think he had some psycho ex's....

Good idea putting a small collector for the filler neck. Messed up psycho ex. but a funny story for sure. :)

-
Back