Need a slant 6 replacement

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Vali68
I'm looking for either a SLant 6 to replace one that has a cracked block or I am looking for a 318 with tranny and a 8-1/4 rearend to up the power on my 68 Valiant. i am in Southern California. But am willing to travel a bit for a good deal. Hit me up folks!!!! need to get my Vali back to running.

A v8 swap also requires a driveshaft, transmission, radiator(usually), assorted brackets for accssories(alt/ps), hoses, and reworking the electrical wiring.

Where is the block cracked? What is it leaking? Does it currently run? Another things to consider is that the slant six crankshaft output flange size changed around 1968 (i don't remember exactly which year). This means that there are some obstacles to overcome when swapping in a slant that you should know to look for if you want everything to live a long and happy life.

I'm in New Jersey but have a good block with crank, 3 pistons & rods (yea, weird huh?). I guess it doesn't help you on the other coast much.

Mike

If you want to come to vegas I have a fresh rebuild Slant 225. I just bought a 64 Dart and the guy rebuilt a 74 225 for it.You can here it run then we can pull it in about a hour. PM me for more details.

missoula MT, have a complete 225 all tinwork and pieces included, starter, carb, air cleaner housing, fan, dizzy, the whole shabang. with 904 trans (out of my 66) ran when pulled, last april, stored under covers.

Post deleted by Staff ~ Please read the Classified Section Rules about posting phone #'s

You can often get a slant and tranny for free. So many people pull them for a V-8 that they can't sell them and need garage space. One of the benefits of staying slant. I got a set that way, but engine will need a rebuild. For the same reason, you can find SBP wheels fairly easily.

-
Back