Need a source for a good quality rebuilt Mopar model .94 P/S pump

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
I need to find a source for a better-quality ham can P/S pump than the A-1 Cardone rebuilts that I have been getting. I don't want to knock Cardone; suffice it to say that I have had several Cardone P/S pumps go bad within the warranty period; I am getting tired of replacing them; and I am ready to move up to a better quality rebuild.

Can anybody suggest where to get a good quality rebuilt model .94 P/S pump?

Thanks!

I need to find a source for a better-quality ham can P/S pump than the A-1 Cardone rebuilts that I have been getting. I don't want to knock Cardone; suffice it to say that I have had several Cardone P/S pumps go bad within the warranty period; I am getting tired of replacing them; and I am ready to move up to a better quality rebuild.

Thanks!

Firmfeel Mopar Suspension and Steering

Thanks!
Contact AGR Performance, they build pumps, made in the USA,they can build to whatever specs are needed, they build a lot of pumps for my customers that have the same issues, most rebuilt pumps are remanufactured in China,and are absolutely junk,and they are awesome to work with.

Why not rebuild a original. Last kit I bought was 12-13 bucks.

Good idea, My5thmopar! I note that the FSM covers the rebuild in detail, plus there is even a pretty good youtube.com video on how to rebuild a Saginaw pump. I guess I thought it was harder than it appears to be. I'll give it a try. And thanks to the other posters, too, for the names of suppliers.

Good idea, My5thmopar! I note that the FSM covers the rebuild in detail, plus there is even a pretty good youtube.com video on how to rebuild a Saginaw pump. I guess I thought it was harder than it appears to be. I'll give it a try. And thanks to the other posters, too, for the names of suppliers.
Kit I used about 6 weeks ago was Edelmann 9510. It went in a pump that has been shelved here for more than 20 years. The OEM 67 pump was kitted about 5 years ago. It just recently started to leak at seal behind the pulley again. I decided to try my luck with a different pump.
No hard parts in these kits except for a bore bushing. Other parts of these 50 year old cores are worn too. We dont have a fix for the fitment at other end of the shaft. A new bushing will limit shaft movement for some length of time ( which is what Cardone provides ). Good luck with yours.
p.s. If you do go to the work bench with one of these pumps, mind and protect the return tube on the reservoir like it your *****. Better to not have to braze a crack. You wont find that tip in a YouTube video.

Last edited:
Another factor is what drives these pumps.
The correct belt wont reach the bottom of the pulley. The drive friction should be at the sides of the belt. This is where the belt wears. Over the years it has been quite typical for a owner to tighten and re tighten a worn belt that should have been replaced.
Then the mfgr provided a place in the bracket to attach a 1/2 drive pull bar. It's sole purpose was to keep pry bars off the sides of the sheet metal reservoir. At the same time, It's a good way to over tighten this belt. Bottom line... Faults at what drives the pump would in many cases accelerate pump wear.
I don't know if any of this applies to your experience with Cardone and/or rapid pump failure.
We don't know if Cardone has any replacement parts produced either.

-
Back