Status
Not open for further replies.

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Hello all

I'm looking for a k-frame for my 1973 swinger, but I know a lot of other models will work. As Long as it is for a V-8.

I would optimally like to grab the v-8 torsion bars too
A sway-bar would be a bonus.

I'm located in Rhode Island so local guys within New England would be preferred.

Thanks

Hello all

I'm looking for a k-frame for my 1973 swinger, but I know a lot of other models will work. As Long as it is for a V-8.

I would optimally like to grab the v-8 torsion bars too
A sway-bar would be a bonus.

I'm located in Rhode Island so local guys within New England would be preferred.

Thanks

We might be able to help....give me a call 826-4400. We're also in RI.
www.sd-concepts.com I have a K frame out of a 73 Duster. I believe we have the torsion bars with it and possibly the sway bar too...:-D

So I looked at my torsion bars today and they read "891L" and "890R" denoting L as coming from the drivers side. It's a 1973 and I know it was a /6 car due to the 7 1/4" rear... Any ideas as to why I would have stock 383 bars? Also, anybody know how to tell a 1973 /6 k-frame from a v8 k-frame? I'd hate to buy one if I already have one.

Is it the original K frame in the car? Look at you VIN is the easiest way to see if it is an original V-8 car. Your 5th character would be a G denoting 318.

Lots of V8 cars came with a 7&1/4 rear.
There's a thread here somewhere about the flat washer welded on the front of the 340 K. In that thread there is a link to a webpage that provides mount measurements.
Hope this helps.

The 7-1/4" began to phase out after 72 except in /6 cars... Is there a part number I should look for on the k frame ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back