Need Advice 4bbl upgrade

-

Carpe Diem

Reaction score
Hello I recently replaced my stock 2bbl manifold on my 65 barracuda, I went to a 65 edelbrock d4b intake manifold and topped it with an edelbrock 1403 500 cfm carb. However the throttle linkage is now about 2 inches towards the passenger side and I need to know how to hook up the kick down linkage. I bought the Chrysler adapter kit for the linkage, but could use some actual tech advice from a mopar enthusiast rather than a kid behind a computer.

What adapter kit did you purchase?... I had to "rig" mine as the only linkage components I could find were for the later version of the kickdown and throttle, I ended up just deciding to convert to that style kickdown all together

The adapter you get with that carb does extend it out past what Mopar designed the linkage for. Your going to have to cobble something. I believe I turned the stud the cable goes over inward and used the space between the cable Clip as the return spring hookup point. Youll need to extend the kickdown rod too if you dont already have the 4bbl kickdown rod.

I bought the edelbrock chrsyler adapter kit for the throttle linkage, however its not hooking up correctly either. Is the linkage supposed to pull or push the kickdown linkage?

The kick down linkage is pushed back toward the rear of the car. Do you have a factory service manual for your car? I suggest you get one and read it. You will learn a lot right off the bat.

No I have an old beat up Chiltons guide, thank you for the info

That's a total POS. We may have the factory manual available free on this site. You can also hawk Ebay if you would rather have the printed version.

-
Back