Need Advice: member not sending my parts

-

Patrick

Reaction score
So I bought some parts from a member on the FABO for sale section. Sent the $ promptly and he aknowledged receipt. A week or so goes by without any other word. I email him asking him the status - parts haven't gone out but they will by the end of that week (Fri). I asked that he send me the tracking #... Monday still no word so i email him back. Another week goes by and reasures me that it's going out the following Fri... he says that got delayed because his UPS account was too high and the parts didn't go out... So LAST week he promises to take care of it. After repeated PMs, emails and phone calls (left 2 voice mails and spoke with his wife) STILL haven't back from him...
Asked him to just send me back my money unless he sends me a tracking # - and of course haven't gotten any response...

Seemed like a reasonable guy - has been on the site awhile, posted a bunch of times, provided his telephone # and of course i have his address...

Not quite sure what else i can do - anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to be reasonable but this is getting a little ridiculous. If posting his name would make this more effective - i'll do it - but i don't want to just for the sake of it.

That sucks. I dont like to see anyone get jerked around. I'll let a moderator tell you wether or not to post his name. Some people frown on it. Hope it all works out for ya.

I hate that people do things like that. What are they thinking? I hope it`s nothing much and you guys get it all worked out.

Patrick: I sent you a PM. Please reply.

Thanks! 8)

The guy may be having some personal problems that he needs to resolve. I wouldn't be posting his identity here until you give him ample opportunity to make things right, either by sending the parts or refunding your money. Just my .02 cents.

I realize that people go through tough times, but if he was going through a tough time his wife would have told me so. Not to mention that a simple email giving me a heads up doesn't take a lot of effort...

We're talking a few hundred dollars here so it isn't chump change...

I realize that people go through tough times, but if he was going through a tough time his wife would have told me so. Not to mention that a simple email giving me a heads up doesn't take a lot of effort...

I do hope you get what you purchased but I just couldn't resist reading a little something extra into part your post.. "his wife would have told me so" LOL

Hopefully it's not a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" sort of a thing. I've dealt with some guys that use your money to fund their project, including the money for shipping, and then don't have the money to ship your parts. And of course there's the same thing taken a step further, where they sell more parts so they can ship yours, and then the next guy gets to wait because his money was used to ship your parts. Maybe. And it gets worse and worse.

Hopefully you can get this straightened out. I personally start bugging the crap out of a person that won't ship my stuff. That's also the main reason I use PayPal for almost all of my purchases. It gives me a little leverage. The last guy I dealt with that didn't feel like shipping my parts found out that when I filed a complaint with PayPal, they locked his account. He suddenly got the ambition to ship me my stuff.

I agree. Hopefully this isnt your 1st experience with buying something from a member. Most are good people and we hate to see this happen. Hopefully everthing works out.

Moderator suggested that i lay low a little longer - the question is how "long is long"

-- ps: dirty birds can ignore that question!!!! :)

send him a pm to see this thread and an ultimatum of two weeks and he,s exposed.

Fastback has a pretty good head so his recomendation should be considered. I jumped the gun before myself but i would PM him or call him and inform him that there is a limit as to how much one is expected to put up with without exposing a problem child. After given ample time, and who knows how long that is, we should all be made aware of a potential hazard. Who knows he may only hose you and not one of us.....NOT!

If he's had your money for more than a couple of weeks, I'd name and shame.... He's had ample time to send your stuff.

Yeah, no excuses - personal problems, whatever, that is BS. Business is business. If he don't wanna man up, screw him.

I think waiting "a while" is a good idea. But....what if this member has other things for sale...dont want to see other members get burned while he is waiting!!

What's the best way to avoid a bum seller? I want to do a /6 to V8 swap some day and don't want to get screwed out of big money.

I think waiting "a while" is a good idea. But....what if this member has other things for sale...dont want to see other members get burned while he is waiting!!

Agreed, but he did talk to Fastback and he must know something. Im sure if it was something to worry about....he'd let us know.

What's the best way to avoid a bum seller? I want to do a /6 to V8 swap some day and don't want to get screwed out of big money.

Get from people that have a good rep here. It depends on the person, talk to them, get a feel for them. I posted a need, and i had a NEW member step up and send me my part for free! Never talked to them before, didn't know me from a hole in the ground. There are people like that here 8)

LOL Sublime! I did a double take when I saw that too. I'm not going to say what I thought it was at first.

Best of luck with the deadbeat seller ... I hope you guys can get it worked out amicably.

It's a picture of a naked mole rat...I crack up every time i see it

yes but that has nothing to do with the mole rat...I'll change it to my Swinger

-
Back