Need Advice on Low(er) Budget Race Build

-
1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet 100. My hopeful car was a 67 Belvedere but I figured for my idea that the lightest possible car would be the best, hence the Val. I've got a gallery of it when I first picked it up and a few on the progress if you click on Gallery List on here. I need to catch up on the photos I'm way ahead of what I got on there right now but if you wanted to take a gander that's what I'm workin with.

the engine compartment is pretty darn impressive!

That sounds like a nice setup. I'm still lookin around for parts right now. I actually just got shipped back from Marine Corps OCS in Quantico, VA. I was runnin and tore my knee al up and just had surgery so I'm gonna be laid up for awhile.

Our valiants are twins!!!

!Bu475hQ!2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBMCQhV,45Q~~_12.JPG

That car looks awful familiar haha. I love my car it just bums me out that I don't have any money to put into it right now. I just got shipped back from Marine Corps OCS with a bum knee that needed surgery and now I can't work fer awhile so I don't have any money but hopefully soon I will. I'm also gonna start recordin some country music so who knows maybe I'll hit it big and I'll be able to dump all the money in the world into it haha

One of the old mags. ran an article "10 sec caddy" all they did was take more and more metal off the car. The car had a basic engine, and if I recall the article right They succeded just by removing weight. I have a 67 cuda that is gutted with a mild 440 (cam, carb, and hookers) It ran 7.50s in the 1/8th. It had a 3000 stall and a 4:10 dana 60.forgot thio

One of the old mags. ran an article "10 sec caddy" all they did was take more and more metal off the car. The car had a basic engine, and if I recall the article right They succeded just by removing weight. I have a 67 cuda that is gutted with a mild 440 (cam, carb, and hookers) It ran 7.50s in the 1/8th. It had a 3000 stall and a 4:10 dana 60.forgot thio

I agree, find you 4 cheap aluminum rims and start ditching the weight, put your budget in the engine, tranny and rear...

---- I think it was 12's and Mopar Action (I think) ,took an Imperial and stripped it (all but 1/2 the grille they couldn't get off) and beat the caddies numbers by like a 1/2 sec.

-
Back