Need advice

-

sphipps

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a 1973 Scamp. It only has 59,000 miles and it does have it's good points and bad points.

Good points. Interior looks almost mint. Dash isn't cracked, seat and carpet look almost perfect.

Bad points. Lower quarters are rusted and need to be replaced. Slant six does run but won't idle. Not that it matters because I don't plan on keeping that motor.

The person selling the car is asking $2500 but he was offered $2200 previously and the deal fell through. I plan on offering him $1700 because the car hasn't been driven for over 8 years.

I am wondering if this is a good deal. I know pictures would be helpful and I will try to get some later today or tomorrow.

What are the parts availability for a 73 Scamp?

Thanks.

Sounds like it could be a really decent car for the money. If the interior is nice and it runs good then it is well worth the money. If it won't idle then I would look at the carb right away. If it has the typical rust around the rear wheel well then I would say $2k. The nice thing about 73+ cars is that parts are plentiful and cheap. Post pics for us.

I can almost guarantee there is crap in the carb.Take the top off and blow it out.Should run much better.

-
Back