Need advise on water pump and oil pump

-

junior636

Reaction score
I picked up a pretty complete 493 but I am missing everything for the water pump and the oil pump. This is going to go into a street/strip car. I want an electric water pump but do not want to spend $500 on one. Any input or help would be great.

I have a brand new in the box Mopar Performance high pressure/high volume pump for a big block. You can have it for 100 shipped long as you're in the lower 48. I will even throw in the hardened intermediate shaft. Beat that.

If you got a deal on the engine spend the coin on a good electric water pump. When the cheap one fails (or starts to leak) and you're nowhere near home you'll be paying for it one way or the other.
I like stock output pumps with the high pressure relief for oil pumps - but you need to knwo what you have for clearances. If they are wider, the high volume (Rusty's) may be needed.

...or if you plan to run full groove main bearings like I was.

I am thinking with the oil pump I want high volume, not high pressure. What do I need to get besides the pump? Just the shaft?

If you dont want hi-pressure just have the spring changed,real simple and Rob[RustyRatRod] would prob set that up for you with the one he has for sale with drive,cant beat that deal and you will know you are getting the good stuff...

-
Back