Need an A body rear end- badly!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 8.75 either 3.9 or 4.1 (I'm not 100% sure which) posi which I'm thinking of selling...only problem is I'm in Idaho...

I have a big bolt 7 1/4" if you want to just get it on the road again. I can bring it to San Jose next week, or you can pick it up near Berkeley.

I also have a big bolt 7 1/4 that is broken but you can have it for parts to fix yours for free. I think one axle broke.

Another free 7 1/4" (SBP)if your interested .Tag says it has 3:23 gears .Came out of a 98K mile 73 dart with a /6 true old lady's car so it should be in good shape.Housing is rusty though.I'm probly 1-1 1/2 hours from san Jose . Can deliver for gas money . I wanna get this outta My side yard! PM Me if interested , Joe.

I have BBP axles that should slide right in, I pm'd you guys, I appreciate your help so, so much! I have SBP rims and tires too just in case. Either way it will be moving again and I am grateful!

Well, there are definitely some differences between different 7.25 rear ends. The broken one I have has a five bolt flange and takes 10" brakes, the other one has four bolt flange and 9" brakes, and none of it will interchange, of course. And, you can't redrill the 10" backing plates to work on the four bolt flange, cause you'll end up with 2 oval holes, totally different size spacing on all four holes, basically I'd have to swap the guts from one into the other and I have no idea how to do that, at least not correctly. So, I'm off to Bezerkeley to pick up the other one from Greg and hopefully that one will be drama free. I am gonna get this thing going no matter what, somehow some way.

You should call him first,to see if it,s 5 or 4 bolt?Atleast you can bolt your 5 bolt stuff up to a 8 1/4 or 8 3/4.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back