-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've got the harnesses for the reverse bulbs. I need the switch that mounts to the steering column and all associated pieces. It was one of the only options originally on my 65 Valiant 200. I still notice the mounting bracket on my column but nothing else.

I've a switch for that year and model but I'm not sure what you mean by "mounting bracket". The switch mounts directly to the column tube. Do you need the dash wiring? Do you still have the little finger that pushes on the switch?
Thanks, Mark

I need everything for the backup switch except the harnesses at the tail lamps. I've got those. There's some kind of metal square bracket screwed on my steering column tube but there was nothing there. It looks like it might be where the switch was.

I've got the harnesses for the reverse bulbs. I need the switch that mounts to the steering column and all associated pieces. It was one of the only options originally on my 65 Valiant 200. I still notice the mounting bracket on my column but nothing else.
.......................................................................................................
Here's the column parts that I have. The pin is in two pieces at this point but it still seems to work fine.

100_0509.jpg

I guess I need those pieces and the harness to plug into the main harness. Where does the arm go?

I guess I need those pieces and the harness to plug into the main harness. Where does the arm go?
The pin in the lower left, clips into the inner shift tube and is locked in place with the washer. It's what presses on the switch arm to slide the carriage over to make the electrical connection. I'll look and see if I can find a harness but I think it went with the dash harness some time back.
Thanks, Mark

The harness that plugs into the B/U switch is part of the main dash harness. If yours was cut off, you'll need to add a couple of wire extensions and connectors to hook it up. If your car never had backup lights, you'll have to add all the wiring to the rear.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back