need baseplate for thermoquad 750-maybe bushing kit?

-

john27pa

74 360/904 Duster
Reaction score
I need a baseplate for my 750cfm thermoquad. I noticed that I can basically get the engine to run decently smooth when idling. When I go to give it throttle-it stumbles/ hesitates, etc. I found out after 2 days of messing with it that the throttle base plate-bottom shaft- moves when I use the gas peddle. Hmm-not good. Is there a way to fix this easily? A bushing kit? Maybe just easier to switch out with a good one? I need to get this car running. My main car is giving me problems so I need to get this one going for a back up. It has to have the nozzles for vacuum advance.

I can bush the baseplate. I don't have a baseplate I want to separate from a carburetor though. If the baseplate is worn, how is the rest of the carburetor?

Great! Is there a kit you can send me? Would be cheaper to send kit then a round trip for carb. The carb was just rebuilt this spring. I rebuilt it. Im a novice at it, but it works=for the most part. I got it off ebay and trying to get the choke to work right. I think the vacuum choke and the vacuum choke thermostat are switched. Other than that- seems to work ok. What do you charge for the kit? How much if you do it? Do you need whole carb or just baseplate? There are a crapload of machine shops around here, so wouldnt be a prob having it done here. The reason I am saying that is because I need the car asap. So if the price is right and the turn around is good- then Id rather have a fellow mopar guy do it. Let me know prices, etc

anything else to look for for looseness areas that are pron to wearing out at a faster rate?

not sure if you saw last few messages....how much? Turn around time?

A kit? The kit to do it is pretty expensive. I can bush yours if you send it to me. How big of a hurry are you in? I can do yours bushings and all for 65.

-
Back