need battery cables

-
Or make you own using better components than stock.

Okla has it if not going for a 100 point trophy.

OMG, I can't believe how expensive the replacement stuff cost. 85 for a negative and 135ish for a positive.

I'll build you a set if you tell me what you need for a lot less, using larger gauge wire for both neg and pos. They won't be "mopar", will work better. I've built some alternator wire around set up for people

can anyone post ....what is a good source for + and - battery cables for a 73 duster

I have a car which will never be a resto/show car. I am assembling the cables myself. Look at what one of our members offered to build for you in the post above. I just got some 0 gauge welding cable, lugs and battery terminal connectors. About a month ago my car would not start and I saw smoke coming off the positive post on the battery. The cable was coming apart at the terminal. The ground cable is also coming apart on my car. I bought a generic parts store replacement and it works but I wanted something more durable.

Mike

For me the idea of spending another 130 bucks for a positive cable is absurd. I bought one and it lasted about 2 years before the battery terminal split, making it useless. There's got to be a better way that looks nearly identical but more robust.

I bought two cables from a Chrysler dealer. I used one on my 73 Challenger and one I'm going to use on my 68 Dart. They were $29 each. My friend gave me a slight discount but they shouldn't cost more than $40. Call the dealer and have him look it up.

-
Back