Need Brake Help

-

bonestock gt

Reaction score
I am new to mopars and I have a 72 Demon with drum bakes. I ordered a strange brake kit for it and they do not fit. My car has 10" drums and the kit fits 9" drums. Did a 72 Demon come with 10" drums or have they been changed. The only kit strange has for 10" drums are for B-body cars. Any info would help.

Thanks Chad

Your Demon was probably availibe with both sizes, but not sure.
I have a 1965 barracuda it has 9 inch drums on front and
10 inch on the back - someone changed the rear end on the
car they put an 8 and 3 quarter rear end in it that has 10" drums.
When I went to our local parts store ( very small town ) I could get 9 inch
brake shoes for my car under 65 Valiant barracuda 9" x 2" shoes
for the front but nothing for the back. So I had the guy order me
brake shoes and spring kit for a 1975 dart with 10" drums.
The brakes shoes are 10" x 1 and 3 quarter inch wide and it all fit perfectly.
Cheers and good luck ,I use to love my old Demon was a fun car.

Thanks. I am referring to front brakes only and the difference in the spindle size. I have a 700 dollar set of brakes that dont fit and I need some help trying to determine if a kit for a 66-69 B-body will work on my 10" drum spindles.

Thanks Chad.

What kit did you buy?

x2, x4, and x10

I just took a quick look at Strange's online Cat and see nothing at all there of what you describe

And just because Strange doesn't list it for your car does not mean you "don't have it" but rather that Strange simply does not MAKE it for that application.

What are you using for wheels? Are those big rotors + calipers gonna fit w/o interference?

I am new to mopars and I have a 72 Demon with drum bakes. I ordered a strange brake kit for it and they do not fit. My car has 10" drums and the kit fits 9" drums. Did a 72 Demon come with 10" drums or have they been changed. The only kit strange has for 10" drums are for B-body cars. Any info would help.

Thanks Chad

Just FYI as you've already sourced some 9" spindles, but 10" front drums were an optional brake package. Both of my '71 dart gt's came with 10" front drums, it was listed on the fender tag as an HD drum package.

-
Back