Need console hump w/Brkts & Torsion bars

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just givin you ****. I'm sure some one will have what you need. although it might be easier to just get the brackets not the entire hump.

Good grief Charlie Brown am I missing something here ?
I keep seeing requests about console mounting and I know the brackets are too simple to repop. Attaching them on the hump can be weld , pop rivets, sheet metal screws, whatever. The issue is bracket locations.
So if I were to create an overlay templete for the floor using body drain plugs as locaters, do I sell a few or loan the one out (security deposit required ofcourse) ?
Sad part is I already made such a templete for my own use a few years ago and threw it away. The 68 nothcback factory console floor that was used is still here.

Good grief Charlie Brown am I missing something here ?
I keep seeing requests about console mounting and I know the brackets are too simple to repop. Attaching them on the hump can be weld , pop rivets, sheet metal screws, whatever. The issue is bracket locations.
So if I were to create an overlay templete for the floor using body drain plugs as locaters, do I sell a few or loan the one out (security deposit required ofcourse) ?
Sad part is I already made such a templete for my own use a few years ago and threw it away. The 68 nothcback factory console floor that was used is still here.
ME TOO! I'm changing my 69 Dart from bench/column to buckets/console. I have the brackets/shifter/console. But knowing exactly where to mount them would be real nice. I'll buy, rent, trade you my 52 year old dish washer,(see don't look as good as she use to but she has never broken down).

OK, The locater templete can be created sometime over this weekend.
If I'm gonna have the guys at local fab shop help me make up the brackets I'm gonna be spending money.
My questions are :
What are you willing to pay for exact reproduction 3 piece bracket set (includes 2 extra little ears on the rear bracket for rivets or screws to floor) ?
Your estimate on how many sets needed ? 6 per annual run ? 10 per annual run ?

OK, The locater templete can be created sometime over this weekend.
If I'm gonna have the guys at local fab shop help me make up the brackets I'm gonna be spending money.
My questions are :
What are you willing to pay for exact reproduction 3 piece bracket set (includes 2 extra little ears on the rear bracket for rivets or screws to floor) ?
Your estimate on how many sets needed ? 6 per annual run ? 10 per annual run ?

Let me know when you have the locater template.

About done with the templete. Much better than the 1st one too. Corigated polystyrine is 55 inches long ,10 inches wide. Has center line and peep hole to factory locater. We'll hold it in place with 3M Command adhesive pads.

templetefulllength.jpg

Reproducing the brackets will take a while though. May be after New Year before complete.

templetefulllength.jpg

templetefulllength.jpg

The template looks great. Very Nice.
Thanks
Making it sure gave my hands a whipping. I'll rent it out / pass it around rather than sell it.
The first one I made and used in my car was created from plastic sheeting and duct tape. Nothing rigid and reusable was needed then.
I have enough of this material to duplicate this prototype once and probably will (but not today!) just incase it gets burned up with a welder or otherwise destroyed.

There is an oval shaped locater with weld at rear and a center line. Measurements are written on it. The front is 30 inches from left steel kick to center line. 27&1/4 inches to right one. I could attach a measured stick I suppose. I really dont see the need. I could place it on a differnt floor pan with no brackets and take another pic if you like.

yes place it on one w/no brackets b/c thats what I'm gonna be lookin at.

JAson

About done with the templete. Much better than the 1st one too. Corigated polystyrine is 55 inches long ,10 inches wide. Has center line and peep hole to factory locater. We'll hold it in place with 3M Command adhesive pads.

templetefulllength.jpg

Reproducing the brackets will take a while though. May be after New Year before complete.

Put me in line to lease it. I need it soon tho as I'll be getting my car back from having underhood and door jams painted. I'll be starting to put it together soon. I allready have the brackets so I won't need it for more than a couple of days. Let me know when I can have it. Thanks

templetefulllength.jpg

templetefulllength.jpg

Also, if you could give me the diameter of the hole I need to cut for the verticle shift rod that would be very helpful.

Also, if you could give me the diameter of the hole I need to cut for the verticle shift rod that would be very helpful.
The factory hole for shifter rod is a whopping 2&3/4 inch diameter.
A blind man could drop the rod in there.
I didn't have a holesaw that large so I drawed there 2&3/4 hole with a compass then off centered a 1&3/8" holesaw to touch the bottom of drawn circle and off centered a 2" holesaw to reach the top of drawn circle. Filed away a couple sharp points where the 2 holes intersect and done.

OK freaks here's the templete laying in place. I added measuring sticks at forward end. They are detachable for shipping. You need to provide blocks under their ends. Anything from 3&1/2" to 5" tall will work.
You'll place the templete in on top of your front and rear brackets then locate and align it.
The center or shifter bracket can then be droped in place through the templete. Once everything is fastened or well marked the templete will lft off.
templeteinplace.jpg

I'm considering a two piece modification so the kit will fit in a box 36" long..
templetekitform.jpg

templeteinplace.jpg

templeteinplace.jpg

templetekitform.jpg

templetekitform.jpg

OK freaks here's the templete laying in place. I added measuring sticks at forward end. They are detachable for shipping. You need to provide blocks under their ends. Anything from 3&1/2" to 5" tall will work.
You'll place the templete in on top of your front and rear brackets then locate and align it.
The center or shifter bracket can then be droped in place through the templete. Once everything is fastened or well marked the templete will lft off.
templeteinplace.jpg

I'm considering a two piece modification so the kit will fit in a box 36" long..
templetekitform.jpg

Ok, when can I have it?

templeteinplace.jpg

templetekitform.jpg

templeteinplace.jpg

templetekitform.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back