-
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmachine

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a gas cap that fits a 71 Demon. I bought one that came off a 70 Duster and it fit loose. I also bought an aftermarket Stant and it was even more loose than the one off the Duster. The one I need would have to have the prongs real close to the cap. Any help would be appreciated. email me at [email protected] or call me at 708-243-3174. Thanks

I'm looking for a gas cap that fits a 71 Demon. I bought one that came off a 70 Duster and it fit loose. I also bought an aftermarket Stant and it was even more loose than the one off the Duster. The one I need would have to have the prongs real close to the cap. Any help would be appreciated. email me at [email protected] or call me at 708-243-3174. Thanks

They should all be identical. I've found that if the rubber seal on the cap is old, the cap will fit very loosely on the car. Installing a new (or thicker) seal will tighten it up. I once just installed two seals to make a chrome cap fit my 75 Dart Sport better.

Hope this helps.

if your car is a 71 is it also a california emmision car? if it is it will have a seperate vent tube in the trunk. it will be coded n 95 on the fender tag. if this is the case then you have a different fillerneck. i know as i went through this also. 1971 had a 1 year only filler neck with a different cap. finding an original cap to fit it will be very hard. your only alternitive will be to replace the filler neck with a non emmisons cap. a 1970 or newer or 1972 or newer will work as long as it is from an abodie. swinger, scamp, dart sport, duster are all the same. good luck..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back