-
Status
Not open for further replies.

65darrrt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for disc brake conversion parts to convert my '64 Dart to 5 - 4.5" bolt circle late model brakes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There was an add on the inland empire, California craigslist recently for a complete system for $250. This price is less than you'd pay at the local self serve junkyards for a complete system.

I have a fairly complete changeover and am only an hour and a half away. I'll have to check to see if I have a proportioning valve but I have everything else including upper control arms. $350 picked up here.
Thanks, Mark

I got 73 A spindles, upper and lower control arms, with sway bar, all from 76 Swinger. PM if interested. Also have separate control arms, or F body disc spindles, too. In Florida

I have the upper arms and calipers selling for 175.00 but if your close to me I will take 150.00 picked up and I am in so. calif

I got 73 A spindles, upper and lower control arms, with sway bar, all from 76 Swinger. PM if interested. Also have separate control arms, or F body disc spindles, too. In Florida
Were in FL i have a 66 barracuda i would like them if the price is wright:prayer:

I've got some FMJ body spindles, 73-76 Upper arms, caliper brackets backing plates available.

I think I have a set of A body spindles as well. Have to look.

Sorry but the project has taken a different turn. Thanks to all that responded. I'd like to find some drum brake hubs with 5x4.5 pattern to fit the a body spindles from 73 on. I'm going with brembo brakes, baby!

I have read the replys to the wanted disc brake conversion parts, Please note, you CAN NOT used aspen/volare disc brake spindles, or M-body parts for your A-B-E mopars

I have read the replys to the wanted disc brake conversion parts, Please note, you CAN NOT used aspen/volare disc brake spindles, or M-body parts for your A-B-E mopars

...read this and make up your own mind regarding this. I've heard the evidence pro and con and understand the reasons either way. Not trying to start a whizzing contest, just passing on information...and some later B bodies had these exact same spindles as stock from the factory - 73 and up...

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/spindles.shtml

Interesting link that would have a lot more credibility if it didn't contradict itself in it's own article.

It does sort of contradict, but it's true you should do as much research as possible because, thankfully there are a lot of write-ups on the subject of early A brakes.
On the note of M body stuff, the only thing that I would use is the rotors or maybe the calipers. The spindles change the geometry toward bump steer way too much.
I'm actually going to use the bigger bearing hubs for drum takes to carry Brembo 13 inch rotors and calipers. I got this set up for a song and I know its still in working order. If anybody has the spindles and LBC hubs for drums I still need them.

...read this and make up your own mind regarding this. I've heard the evidence pro and con and understand the reasons either way. Not trying to start a whizzing contest, just passing on information...and some later B bodies had these exact same spindles as stock from the factory - 73 and up...

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/spindles.shtml

I,m doing the f body spindle conversion right now, will save 150. off of an a spindle conversion. Will post results.

Can you run the suspension through the range of motion and measure the steering angle change? That seems to be the debate looming around the non A body spindles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back