Need factory leaf spring clamps for S.S. springs

-

340doc

Reaction score
Super stock springs purchased at a swap meet, and for some reason someone removed all the factory clamps. I want to put them all back on before I install them. I've looked at some on E-bay and other places I've found on line, but most are for stock springs with not as many leafs. Can someone suggest a company that makes springs that I can try to get some clamps from? I need 5 clamps in various sizes based on the number of leafs I'm clamping. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have always taken them off the back and add a clamped them on the front, the car will launch harder if the springs are loose in the back.

I've done that on stock springs but haven't tried that on S. Stocks. Might try in the future if the need arises, thanks.

If you can't find the factory style, you can always use the bolt-thru clamps. But you have to watch the tire clearance. If you have 1/4"+ flat bar & bolts, you could make your own.
If it's feasible, I've always preferred to leave the one clamp on the rear half of the spring and use adjustable shocks to tune the suspension.

I've done that on stock springs but haven't tried that on S. Stocks. Might try in the future if the need arises, thanks.

Works the same as super stock springs. Unclamp the rear. Add the clamp to the front if you'd like.

60391970-DSC07017.jpg

I don't know how close to "factory" but I got spring clamps right here locally..........Pohl Spring in Spokane. Just give them the width

If you can't find the factory style, you can always use the bolt-thru clamps. But you have to watch the tire clearance. If you have 1/4"+ flat bar & bolts, you could make your own.
If it's feasible, I've always preferred to leave the one clamp on the rear half of the spring and use adjustable shocks to tune the suspension.
Appreciate your input

Last edited:
brian6pac said:
I have always taken them off the back and add a clamped them on the front, the car will launch harder if the springs are loose in the back.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree. U can find a spring building / rearching business and buy about what ever u want.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree. U can find a spring building / rearching business and buy about what ever u want.
That's what I'm trying to find, we used to have a couple in the area but they closed.

I found out the correct name for the factory style clamps are "Rebound Clips" I think I might be able to get them from Eaton Detroit Spring or Pohl. A phone call is needed as they don't show them on there site, but they do mention them. Thanks to all.

Last edited:
-
Back