Need feedback from owners of Silverado PU's, 2011 and up.

-
To answer your mpg question...the 5.3 and 6.2 get very similar mileage. 18avg 20highway. The 6.0's get 15 no matter what. All my trucks are 4x4 and have tools, racks, ect totaling approximately 1000lbs every single day. Oil at 10k, trans at 30k, diffs and transfer case at 60k. Ball joints, rod ends, sway links, bushings, shocks, struts, brakes, hubs, ect at 150k. I consider suspension, steering, and brakes to be regular maintenance items and don't wait for them to break. A $1,000 at rock auto and an afternoon, and I have zero worries for another 150k.
Thanks Pascamp. With 6 of them that's a real good report, I'm sure the PA winters arn't easy on them. I appreciate the info. What years are yours?

update
Thanks Pascamp. With 6 of them that's a real good report, I'm sure the PA winters arn't easy on them. I appreciate the info. What years are yours?
neighbors (down for two weeks) has been hauled to the repair shop-------------

Friend has a ‘14 sierra 4x4. Crew cab. Its a great truck.
It breaks 20 mpg (cdn) and has had no trouble with it. She bought it new,and is nudging 100,000 km’s.

I have had the pleasure of working on all 3,for ease of repair,tune ups and regular maintenance, gm wins hands down.

Friend has a ‘14 sierra 4x4. Crew cab. Its a great truck.
It breaks 20 mpg (cdn) and has had no trouble with it. She bought it new,and is nudging 100,000 km’s.

I have had the pleasure of working on all 3,for ease of repair,tune ups and regular maintenance, gm wins hands down.
Thanks Tooljunkie, good info. Good to hear there maintenance friendly.

2011-2015. Not a speck of rust on any of them, just very mild surface rust on the frames. All see approximately 40k a year. The oldest is getting ready to turn 300k and the only wear on the truck is elbow wear on the center console. I would hook a trailer to any of them, and bet money I make it across the country without a problem. Collectively, well over a million breakdown free miles.

I had a 2012 1/2 4x4 with the 5.3 and tow package. That truck was the biggest Pos I ever owned. I got a best of 18.8 mpg on the highway. But most of the time is was between 16-17 and only got 11/12 on E85. The truck couldn’t pull a hill going 75, hit any hill and it would down shift., towing a small car felt like you was towing 10,000 pounds. The biggest gripe I had was my truck had a miss at idle and after taking it back to the shop to look at, GM said it was normal. I bought the truck used with 32,000 miles.

-
Back