Need frame dimensions

-

JBurch

Reaction score
Need some frame dimensions from a 64 to 66 "A" body; I bent mine up several years ago and I'm trying to straighten it out now.

I'm thinking for the sake of repeatability you will need to take your measurements with the car up on jack stands, tell me height and location of your stands under your car so I can duplicate it and the real dimension I need is distance from the head of the front "k" member mounting bolt to the floor. When I tweeked my car, the passenger side frame horn got kicked up and I need to push it down, just don't know how much.

Thanks,

Jim Burch

They usually have frame measurements in the factory service manual in the body section.

You have to do cross dimensions also to make sure that it's square.

They usually have frame measurements in the factory service manual in the body section.

You have to do cross dimensions also to make sure that it's square.

I'm aware of the dimensions in the FSM, Datum lines, etc, it's nice to have someone on the other end of the tape measure who has a clue.

What I wanted was a quick and dirty measurement that would tell me how far my passenger side structural is kicked up. It's kicked enough that the inner fender is wrinkled.

I'm aware of the dimensions in the FSM, Datum lines, etc, it's nice to have someone on the other end of the tape measure who has a clue.

What I wanted was a quick and dirty measurement that would tell me how far my passenger side structural is kicked up. It's kicked enough that the inner fender is wrinkled.

Jack stands on the locations where the((4) yup front and rear) torque boxes go on the frame, same on both sides.
X measure (if engine is out) from cowl weld to bottom of opposite front inner fender weld to core support. same for other side to check for shift. short number means it's kicked up and need to go down 1/2 that distance to even it out. try to choose the Longest length to measure .
if engine isn't out the still jack stand car same way and do lower measurements from the torque boxes to front frame k member bolts. (just checks for square there) Then measure from front core support to level floor on both sides. Also again from the front Torque boxes to ensure level there (adjust as needed for level) should give you a really decent -+ 1/8 measurement of your core support and that will tell you the kick up.

-
Back