Need Guage Sugestions

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
Hey Guys well my cuda's factory gauges don't work and probably wouldn't be reliable anyways, i was going to put the typical 3 gauges under the dash or perhaps where the radio once was. I was just looking for some input on what you guys are using, i have some Equatis or how ever its spelled gauges i can buy threw work they are the bigger 2in ones (cant remember size) for about $45. Sure id love to go auto meter but at $60 a gauge thats just way over my budget for now, i may go to a custom dash down the road but not now. Id like to get some decent and good looking gauges at a reasonable price, feel free to throw in some gauge cluster pics and what not :toothy7:

Sorry to say but Auto Meter is what I like.I have learned from experience,you get what you pay for.Pay the extra $15.00 for the good gauges.

Suggestion:
If ya don't smoke you could put them in the ash tray hole... :sign6: .or does the cuda only have it on the console??

DSCF0002.JPG

when i say $45 for the other guages i was looking at im talking, wiring, brackets, and 3 guages, the auto meter $60 is for one guage and no brackets or nothing.

thats also a thought Jimmy of putting them in the ash tray holder, yep there is one in the dash, it may also get a console which i have laying around, but thats down the road. i know the term you get what you pay for but man $180+ for auto meter compaired to $45 :|

Not sure how you come up $60.00 a piece.
I am looking at two different 3 gauge complete auto meter gauge sets for $52.95 and $61.95.This is in a PAW catalog.

Now I am looking through summit and they are less.$41.95 and $57.88 complete.

Johnny Dart said:
Not sure how you come up $60.00 a piece.
I am looking at two different 3 gauge complete auto meter gauge sets for $52.95 and $61.95.This is in a PAW catalog.

Now I am looking through summit and they are less.$41.95 and $57.88 complete.
hm well when i looked it was threw my work prices.

i dont have a PAW catalog, i should get one though, how about summit guages like: This one

there we go Im gonna have to see how much those cost tomorrow at work, other then that though i couldnt find any auto meter 3 guage assemblies. i'll keep my eye out

I did something like 69SignetV8, I made a (3) gauge cluster, used angle rings and mounted it over the ash tray. I don't have any pics here but I'll post some pics later.

1966 dart wagon said:
when i say $45 for the other guages i was looking at im talking, wiring, brackets, and 3 guages, the auto meter $60 is for one guage and no brackets or nothing.

thats also a thought Jimmy of putting them in the ash tray holder, yep there is one in the dash, it may also get a console which i have laying around, but thats down the road. i know the term you get what you pay for but man $180+ for auto meter compaired to $45 :|

Well after further investigation,the gauges I was looking at are Autogage gauges.(It was late) :sad1:
Not sure of this brand but should work for what you are looking to achieve.The Summit gauges should work for you as well.

Johnny Dart said:
Well after further investigation,the gauges I was looking at are Autogage gauges.(It was late) :sad1:
Not sure of this brand but should work for what you are looking to achieve.The Summit gauges should work for you as well.

Autogauge is made by Autometer. It's their entry level model, so to speak. I have a three gauge setup from them(Autoguage) mounted to my air conditioner vents on my Duster. They work great and look decent too. For the entire 3 gauge cluster, which included wiring, fittings, ect ( 2 5/8 gauges; oil,temp,volts), it drained me $85. It was worth the price, but the smaller diameter units will be cheaper.

MOPARJ said:
Autogauge is made by Autometer. It's their entry level model, so to speak. I have a three gauge setup from them(Autoguage) mounted to my air conditioner vents on my Duster. They work great and look decent too. For the entire 3 gauge cluster, which included wiring, fittings, ect ( 2 5/8 gauges; oil,temp,volts), it drained me $85. It was worth the price, but the smaller diameter units will be cheaper.

Well there you have it.
Save a extra $40.00,and you are good to go !!!!!

i had one of those budget 3 guage clusters, after about 6 months only 1 still working was the oil presure.

ted_sweet said:
i had one of those budget 3 guage clusters, after about 6 months only 1 still working was the oil presure.

Ted, it is cheaper than other Autometers, but this gauge cluster I have is still made by Autometer and still would not be basement budget pricing, since it took $96 after tax. I had a trio of Sunpros for a year, all separated, with no problems at all, then I got these new Autogauges by Autometer. No problems yet. Just like anything, no matter the brand, all of the brands will have some problem/s somewhere. Nothing is perfect. Maybe close but not exactly.

The really cheap no name budget 3 piecers are probably somewhat unrealiable than what I have or compared to others, but I could be wrong. :toothy7:

Here are some pics of when I was moching up the gauge pod and one of when it is finished. Not ready to install the dash frame in the car yet.

mini-Dash1.JPG

mini-Dash1a.JPG

mini-Dash1b.JPG

mini-Dash4.jpg

-
Back