Need Header Head Pipe Help

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Someone with the following combo....Early A body, 225 slant 6 with Clifford shorty headers and manual transmission. I need GOOD pictures of what you did for head pipes if you have single exhaust. Thank you drive through.

Why use the ignore feature if you're going to read and reply to what he writes???
Cause sometimes it just kills me not to look. You know you're guilty. Now hush up. lol

Someone with the following combo....Early A body, 225 slant 6 with Clifford shorty headers and manual transmission. I need GOOD pictures of what you did for head pipes if you have single exhaust. Thank you drive through.

If you get desperate, I have this exact setup in my truck and can get photos when I drop the engine back in. LMK.

If you get desperate, I have this exact setup in my truck and can get photos when I drop the engine back in. LMK.
I think in a truck and an early A, the head pipes would be vastly different.

I can snap a couple pics for you Rusty.

A0D70C7E-5B85-4E82-B9AF-E4239831AFB5.jpeg
365AE0D1-A559-4E29-8E0B-A1CAE93933CB.jpeg
B1966756-1947-4720-8B95-B58F0AFC9E13.jpeg

damn, I dont think I have any pictures of the mess I had ( would have never worked with a Z bar ). I used a flowmaster scavenger Y that I chopped a bunch off of.

1st pic: Pretty self explanatory. 2 pipes bend down in front of the z-bar.
2nd pic: Head pipes come under the car parallel, into the y-pipe.
3rd pic: Single pipe into 40 series Flowmaster, dumped at the axle.
I had a flange welded onto the y-pipe so the system un-bolts
if I need to get to the trans.

View attachment 1715898725

View attachment 1715898727

View attachment 1715898728
Nice! I like the addition of a flange behind the Y pipe.

How far below the transmission cross member would you guess the whole exhaust system is? 3"?

There is enough room to snake two 2 1/8" pipes between the z-bar and the center link/tie rods. Run them down to just in front of the transmission cross member and add a Y connector. Connect that to your 2 1/2" exhaust pipe. Just remember the longer those intermediator pipe are, the more low end tongue you get. When I built mine, I used J tubes from Summit.

-
Back