Need help again!

-

dartnabout

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok here is my question. This is for my buddy because I don't know the answer. He has a 1970 dart swinger /6 with drum brakes. He just acquired a 1972 dart K frame and disc brakes for a V8. But he did not get the upper control arms. I thought he needed those as well for the disc brake spindles. I hope I am wrong but isn't the 72 disc brakes upper control arm different than the 70 /6 control arms?

If the 72 is factory sbp disc brakes then he doesn't need the upper control arms because the are the same. If the disc brakes have been converted to bbp by a previous owner of the 72 then he will need the upper control arms. 1973 is the change year for the disc brakes on our A-bodies.

the 72 is the big bolt pattern. He also got the rear end but that isn't a problem

the 72 is the big bolt pattern. He also got the rear end but that isn't a problem

Then it has been converted unless someone drilled the hubs. If it has the single piston calipers then he will need the large ball joint upper control arms or the adapters that D. Diff sells.

I don't know about the calipers I will have to look when I go to his place this week. Who is D. Diff?

He got an 8.25. ALl of it came off of a 4 door car that was being parted out.

-
Back