Need help daily driver down

-

sthorne82

Reaction score
Has any body ever messed with a mitsu mighty max. Mine died on me and i have checked every thing i can think of, no power to fuel pump, not getting power to icm silonod, any help would be greatly appricated. Started pulling hair out so shaved my head

Is there a fuse block in the engine compartment? I'm totally guessing on Mitsubishi, but newer fords have (they are called something else, but they act like) fuses that are about 1" square, black. There is no way to tell they are blown other than pull them out and test or replace them one at a time. Tried tracing the dead wires back untill you get voltage?

I did check alldata and it told me which fuse to check so i am going to check that but the wire that should have power to the selinod goes straight to computer

Well checked the fuse still nothing, so i have to decide buy a computer or junk it and buy the gasket kit for my 360 street motor and pull the built 340(needs rear main) out the duster

The ecm signals the relays that power the fuel pump etc... When you turn the switch to on you should hear relays click. If they dont click the ecm isn't getting power. Reasons could be blown fuse, previous owners aftermarket security crap or factory security crap like so many GM products. The security lamp must cycle before ecm gets power.
If none of that sounds like a possible, here's something to try... Put a hot new battery in it plus bump it with a 50 amp boost box. If makes the relays click you have a voltage loss before or inside the ecm.

I'm just guessing but wont a scanner tell ya what's happening? Sounds simple to me so dont junk it unless you have lots a moo la.
Small Block

-
Back