Need help finding my 1968 Dart GTS 383

-

ddart383

Reaction score
I need help finding my 1968 Dodge Dart GTS, Yellow body, GREEN vinyl top, NO console, No under coating/hood insulation, 383 eng., 4 spd., light group, 391 sure grip, radio group, marker lights. I sold this car in San Jose, CA around 1972. I don’t have any Vin, license plate or any records, all were destroyed. It was special ordered at my Dad’s, Dodge dealership. My father has passed away. I am working with DMV, archives division, but it’s a real struggle, they really don’t want to work for it. They find any excuse to quit. I would like to find this car and restore it. Please help with any information. It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Doug

Wow, what a needle in a haystack.
I sure hope you find it, that would be a great story.
Rare car too!

dartnut, Yes a needle in a hay stack. But I'am trying very hard to find my car. It was my first time rebuilding a engine from scratch. Sense it took a long time to receive the car, I called the Ramchargers and talk to Dick Maxwell. He was so great! I just ask if he had a pointers to help me? I told Mr. Maxwell of the Ramchargers, that my father owned this Dodge dealership and I wanted to build a fast, reliable Dodge Dart. And just wanted a few pointers on what do to this car and engine to make it fast and reliable? Mr. Maxwell sent me books on building a 413 and a book on building a 426 max wedge and of course a book on building a 383-440 all with stock and race blue printing, balancing specs & all the parts list and numbers of all those engines. And to call him if I needed any help. I was astounded when I received all the literature he sent me. I told him that this was the first time I’ve ordered a new car. Then tear it apart to build a very fast sleeper. Then I ask my father if I could use a stall in the shop for a couple of weeks to build this project when my car came in? So while the car was being built at the factory, I ordered a Sun tack, mech oil & temp gauges, steel scatter shield, racing clutch, p-plate, t-brg., Mallory ign, race cam & lifters, made a fuel cool can, built a adjustable bracket for the diff. rubber snubber, Crager wheels & Doug’s headers. More later.
Thanks,
Doug

Good Luck on finding your GTS. Closest on crazy color combo's I know of is a '69 GTS thats Gold with a green vinyl top and gold interior and V88 stripe delete.

-
Back