Need help finding new temperature gauge

-
I managed to get the oil pressure light to come on with the sending wire grounded. I either found a bad spot to ground it, or all the prodding I did on the junction box at the firewall got the connection going. It still doesn't light up on the pressure switch itself. So either my connection is bad there, or the switch is bad. What kind of reading does the pressure switch give off such that I could test with my multimeter? It's just providing variable resistance to ground, right? So, similar to the gas sending unit, I should be able to get some sort of resistance reading if I have one probe on it and the other to ground? But I assume the engine has to be running?

The oil pressure switch is either on/ or off, and it's grounded with the engine off, which causes the light to go on. "They vary" as to pressure but at some point the pressure builds enough to trip the switch open

OK, one more update... :p Running the switch to ground shows no continuity. Does the body of the switch ground to the block directly? Should I bother removing it, cleaning it, and reinstalling it, or just get a new one?

If you have the engine off, and get no continuity from the switch terminal to the engine block, the switch is bad.

-
Back