Need help from the dog lovers.

-

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I've seen many threads here about our pets so I thought I would seek your help. My friend is in desperate need to re-home a 2 1/2 yr old Brindle female Pitbull. I know how some people feel about this breed of dog so please, let's keep this civil. If I thought there would be a problem with this dog I wouldn't put this on here. She is a good dog, that needs a loving owner who will spend some time with her and train her properly. She has a lot of energy and loves to jump on you when she greets you and loves to lick you. My friend already has two other Pitbulls and will be moving soon. While she can take two of her dogs, she can't take three with her to the new place. She took the dog in because what is now a former friend was moving to a new place that doesn't allow any pets. Now that person isn't responding to any calls about what he want's to do with his dog. My friend has looked into many of the local shelters and rescue groups and is very discourage by what she is finding out about how these places operate. We even took a shot and sent an email to the Villalobos Rescue Center, yes that's the Pitbull and Parolees show group. I received a reply that they can't take any more dogs but they did supply us with several contact links of places to try.

My friend told me last night that with what she has found out about the shelters that she is now thinking that if she can't find a home for this dog then she may have to put the dog down herself. I know that was difficult for her to say because she loves her dogs more then anything else. She doesn't want her dog to feel abandoned while waiting for the inevitable.
To say that his is eating her up would be an understatement. I know writing this is a long shot but knowing how much many of us here feel about our 4 legged friends I thought it would be worth a shot, and my apologies for it being long winded. We're located in the central Connecticut area, east of Hartford. If there is any interest please send me a pm and I'll provide contact info. Thanks for taking time to read this. Steve

Attachments

• V__304C(1).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 233
That's a very sad life that dog has had. SOMEONE should help her. We have 4 rescues currently, and know the love of a dog that finds a permanent home. They know when they're safe. Somebody please help this innocent. Too many perfectly good/loving dogs, suffer from SHS...stupid human syndrome.

Make sure you check who ever takes the dog so they dont use them for fighting.I quit selling these dogs because of people like that.They are one of the best breed of dog you will ever own if they are raised right

Would like to help but already have 4 poop shooters...

Make sure you check who ever takes the dog so they dont use them for fighting.I quit selling these dogs because of people like that.They are one of the best breed of dog you will ever own if they are raised right

That's my friends biggest concern. She knows the questions that these idiots will ask about these dogs and has had a few ask them already and is why she is so concerned about if she can find a good home for the dog or not. And Inkjunkie, that is also a common thing. I know there is only so much people can do. She's also had people say they are interested only to quickly turn around and say that they aren't. I just hope someone will come forward and help.

Here's a bump for you. Hopefully someone will come through.

We took in a pitbull mix from the SPCA that looks a lot like her dog. He has a huge scar on his side but they didn't know why. He's one of the best dogs we've had. It was the perfect friend for our Lab after our chihuahua died.

We're still trying to find a home for this dog. If no one here wants her, ( still hoping there could be,) does anyone know of a place in the northeast that would be able to help find her a home and keep her alive?

I have a friend who has two female pit bulls and they are sweethearts....

As long as they have not been trained to be aggressive, they are very nice pets...

one of my favorite breads, they are so human like, if i was coser id take her, we have a boxer now that would love to play with her. pitbulls are the most loyal dogs around, its a$$ hole owners that give them a bad name imo

I hope your friend finds a home for her. We have two rescue pups a boxer and a black lab. They would be lost with out each other and we would be lost with out them. The boxer is aggressive towards strange dogs. I am afraid the pit would kill her so other dogs would be a problem for us. The breed of dogs are not the problem it's dumb *** people!

Update. For anyone interested a home has been found for this pup. My friend found someone who is a former dog rescuer and now owns a horse farm. She and the dog hit it off on the first meeting, and the dog went home with her new owner. I just hope she is in deed now in her forever home.

Update. For anyone interested a home has been found for this pup. My friend found someone who is a former dog rescuer and now owns a horse farm. She and the dog hit it off on the first meeting, and the dog went home with her new owner. I just hope she is in deed now in her forever home.

Great news.

I've been feeling bad that I couldn't help...

That is the best news I've heard all day!! We too have a rescue pit mix, best dog a person could ask for!! Loves the kids more than anything and would give her life for them! Heck, I can't even tickle them without her "warning" me!! Best pets ever!!! Glad she found a good home!! Geof

When I was a kid Dobermans were the big scarey biters. Eventually people learned the breed had to be browbeat and abused to be that. Reputations are hard to shake, though. I'm happy Your dog got to the place she needed to be!

Thanks for the kind words. I knew it was a long shot posting this here but I figured with all the posts there are about our pets it was worth a shot to at least try. Thanks again!!!!!

-
Back