Need Help....k-frame

-

Tim65FuryIII

Reaction score
hey guys its me. me and my dad are putting together a '68 Barracuda and the guy who had the car before us didnt know what he was doing and i guess he welded the engine to the engine mount and K-Frame so the K-Frame is ruined and im in dire need for another one...im guessing my dad wants to put a 440 in it but im thinking of keeping the 318 in it any suggestions for a K-Frame let me know please thanks bye.

hey guys its me. me and my dad are putting together a '68 Barracuda and the guy who had the car before us didnt know what he was doing and i guess he welded the engine to the engine mount and K-Frame so the K-Frame is ruined and im in dire need for another one...im guessing my dad wants to put a 440 in it but im thinking of keeping the 318 in it any suggestions for a K-Frame let me know please thanks bye.

You have several options. 1st though, you should decide whether you are going SB or BB, it makes a difference if you are wanting to use stock mounts.

SB, you should be able to find a K frame for under $100 for an A Body. BB will be quite a bit more, if you can find one. Schumacher makes mounts that will work with about any engine choice, and K frame.

I used a v8 k frame to put the 340 in my 68 /6 Barracuda. I used elephant ears years ago, when I put the BB in my 67 Barracuda drag car. Lots of options.

I have a big block k-member out of a 69 barracuda with torsion bars, what are you looking for?

I'll take 500 bucks for the whole deal and you pay shipping from 63801, the torsion bars are new in box, shop around!

ill think about it...you know my dad wants to use the car for parts but its my car and i might use the parts to...but right now i thinking ill keep it but thatnx man

Don't know what part of Alabama you're in. Check with Stephens Performance in Rogersville (Yankee AL to those who live south of Birmingham.) It ought to be cheaper freight if not a good excuse to visit the Rocket museum in Huntsville with a little detour to the west.
Another source is Ron Stitt @ Texas Acres or Dr. Mopar. Google them on the web to find their web sites.

The SB K-frame is a much easier find than the BB. K-frames changed to use spool type engine mounts in 1973, but these will bolt into your car without a problem. I put a 75 K-frame into the 72 Demon with no issues.

If you don't already have one, you'll need an A-body LA driver's side exhaust manifold. The other ones have issues with the steering column. The ones with the big ports for 340 & 360 are pricey. Or you can use headers made for the A-body.

i have the exhaust system already but thanks guys..hey demon ill look them up on google and im in mobile region alabama

-
Back