Need help: Leaking gas gauge.

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I figured this is the best group of people to help with this problem. It appears that after replacing my dash bezel a leak has developed in the gas gauge on my 67 Cuda. I noticed that a small portion(about quarter size) of the gauge down near the base of the needle is stained darker apparently from fuel. Before pulling the cluster apart what is the issue? Faulty gauge, loose connection? Any ideas? Once the gauge is stained from fuel will I have to replace the gauge? I'm thinking fuel will permanently ruin the silk screening.

Carl

This forum is for "A body" Mopars, not Model a Fords................

Attachments

• Model-A-Ford-dashboard1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Model-A-Ford-dashboard.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 106
The reason these guys are teasing you is because our fuel guages are electric, so no fuel ever gets near the guages.
The stain has to be from water leaks under the dash maybe, or is it possibly a shadow?

Can you show us a picture?

Subscribed. I would be interested to see some pics of this phenomenon. Maybe then someone here can shed some light on the situation.

I can't express how awesome this website is. Everyone has a great sense of humor and is always so helpful no matter how crazy the posts are. I thought everyone would get a kick out of this post. Everyone needs a laugh sometimes. I hope everyone has a safe happy Thanksgiving with their family and loved ones.

Carl

I can't express how awesome this website is. Everyone has a great sense of humor and is always so helpful no matter how crazy the posts are. I thought everyone would get a kick out of this post. Everyone needs a laugh sometimes. I hope everyone has a safe happy Thanksgiving with their family and loved ones.

Carl

What the heck does this mean?? Is there a problem or not?? Are you yanking our chains?

No I was just playing. I thought that people would get a laugh and think I had lost my marbles. Having a few drinks tonight probably shouldn't drink and post. Note to self. After a bottle of red with a nice meal what seems funny may not be.

I thought everyone would get a kick out of this post. l

HA!!! Thought maybe. I often do joke, tho, that the A bodies are the "modern day" Model A's. Light cheap and simple.

Only difference is, I suspect that most A Ford gas gauges actually work, LOL

I'm old enough to remember RIDING in a model A when I was a kid, are any of you?

This is me on my Dad's lap on the right. This was taken about 1952, and if you wonder why I looked so crestfallen, look carefully at the passenger headlight, which has the lens broken. I'd broken the lens to see "the little man with the lantern" inside, and got my *** blistered for the research. Since this is a truck, I think these were properly called an AA rather than an "A"

My Grandfather, on the left, is more than 10 years younger then than I am now. Gramps, Dad, and little sister are all gone, she from brain cancer in her 50's

jgtw7k.jpg

Here is a fuel gauge with fuel in it.......LOL
It's a Rolls Royce.....possibly a Silver Ghost......I guess the Chauffer had to get out to look at it ?????

Attachments

• IMGP8558.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 89
-
Back