need help please ? on how to price shipping on large item

-

shafer

Reaction score
got someone interestested in my 67 -69 hood for dart i have for sale, i did not want to ship this thing , but he wants a quote , i think it will be truck freight , any ideas on how to price the shipping , i have never shipped anything this big before going from nc 27893 -Port Huron, Michigan

May be too large for greyhound. They have the size limitations on the site.

Slightly hijacking, after reading countless shipper horror stories, I believe the restoration hobby is badly in need of a company that transports nothing but car parts.

I used to refer my pals to Tyler at FairPricedShipping.com -- fantastic rates on big stuff! -- but the last few times I've called for my own quotes, the customer service was sadly lacking so they'll get no new referrals from me until things change for the better.

On the Greyhound website ypu punch in the weight and the largest measurement of the package, always been within a couple of bucks for me. Takes 10 seconds on the website. Just wish they shipped to Canada.

Shipped a glass hood from Fla. to Az., it went thru FedEx frieght. It was close to $200 if I remember right......

try FABO.... post up looking for member transportation. Find another member who is heading that way with an empty trailer etc and work it out for gas money.. Or have the buyer set up the shipping from their end...... or you can cheat. Call YEar One and see what it costs to ship a hood from them to you and start there.

Recently recieved a hood from a member. If I remember correctly, shipping was about $150.00. He was outside of St. Louis and I'm outside Detroit. Hope that helps!

-
Back