Need help, spark plugs?

-

VCO

Reaction score
1966 Dodge dart Gt with a 1964 225/6

My little nephew was "helping" me change my spark plugs.(he likes to be hands on, he is 6). So I was showinf him and walked away for a brief second and he pulled all the spark plug wires :eek:ops: I'm a novice at best and I have no clue how to set them in order. What's the proper procedure?

If it was set up by the book, and it might not be, download a shop manual for free (and not a bad idea anyhow) from MyMopar. Several of them there, came from the guys here

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

On the off chance that it is NOT set up "by the book," and that is a possibility, simply pull the cap and bump the engine around to TDC. The rotor will either be pointing to where 1 should be, or 1/2 turn off. The firing order is 153624, so the rotor will be pointing to either 1 or 6. One way to find out is to "rig" something even a compression gauge into the no1 plug hole. Bump the engine until you feel compression. Don't know if you can get your finger that deep.

When you get the timing mark to TDC on the no1 compression stroke, you can match the cap up to where the rotor points and that is no1

Then the rest are CW around the cap

2009-03-05_154806_firing_order.gif

-
Back