need help taking out the dash

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
how do you take out the dashboard. as im going to clean it up and put carbon fiber on it an paint it. need help

i had to pull the windshield out. after that I think its only 8 screws and it came right out. 6 on top and 2 on the sides. there maybe a easier way, but thats how mine came out.

Do you mean the dash cluster?Or dash pad?Or the entire dash panel itself?Ive never taken the entire dash out before sorry I cant help.

the entire dash itself ive got the cluster out its getting white face gauges put in this weekend. im taking off the dash pad and filling holes with bondo and putting a black coat of paint over it

There are screws right up against the edge of the windshield that need to be removed and then the dash will pivot to the inside on the two large bolts located above the kick panels. Somewhere on the site here is a thread about a fellow that has removed a dash from underneath by cutting the bolts and without removing the windshield. I would have no idea how to find that thread again. The windshield can be removed with a guitar string and a couple blocks of wood.

the entire dash itself ive got the cluster out its getting white face gauges put in this weekend. im taking off the dash pad and filling holes with bondo and putting a black coat of paint over it
hmm,sounds interesting and a good way to eliminate a cracked dash pad.good luck and post some pics of that dash when you start working on it if you can.

Wow!
Don't think I would go that route!
What if when you are screwing in the new Bolts and you puncture the Gasket or hit the edge of the Windshield??
I will stick with the correct/factory way of doing it and save this other method for parts cars.

Later,
Bruce B.

Wow!
Don't think I would go that route!
What if when you are screwing in the new Bolts and you puncture the Gasket or hit the edge of the Windshield??
I will stick with the correct/factory way of doing it and save this other method for parts cars.

Later,
Bruce B.

I'd suggest that too, I had to replace my windshield and it just seems so tight that if you don't know exactly what your doing you could make more problems then what you started out with! If you NEED to take out the dash then I'd suggest removing the windshield...WAY easier...

-
Back