need help to fig out value of a 1972 duster

-
I think the seller just did you a favor.

It should be easir to walk now that you know you'd be dealing with an *** and an idiot.

Anyone possessing BOTH of those qualities surely would have no trouble lying about a car.
X 2 on this. Only an *** would hang up when You made a reasonable offer. All he needed to do is say well, I'll think about it and can I call you back. People get too personal during a business transaction. Still though, If it is a 340 car then $6k isn't out of whack. IMO, You'd be looking at 5-10K to make it a show car(Cosmetically).

A real 340 car from '72 would have the ignition box mounted in front of the washer resevior,not on the firewall like this one is.

Looks like the possibility of a P/S pump bracket with no pump. If it's a manual steering car, more then likely that's not the engine it came with.

I don't know a whole lot about these things, but an eight hour round trip to see a car that might be an original 340, when the seller doesn't have the forethought to find out for sure, seems like too much of a risk. With the current cost of gas, eight hours is a good bit of money in addition to time.

I don't know a whole lot about these things, but an eight hour round trip to see a car that might be an original 340, when the seller doesn't have the forethought to find out for sure, seems like too much of a risk. With the current cost of gas, eight hours is a good bit of money in addition to time.

sure is...i gave up on it...still looking....ky and ohio areas dont have much too pick from unless u wanna pay big bucks...around here i see ppl asking 17k for a 340 duster clone...and i dont see many mopars under 10k even thee ones in fields still that are rusted out...its gettin crazy with the prices

-
Back