Need help to ID supersix parts

-

65 wagon

Reaction score
OK I have installed the 2 barrel intake & Carb. I plugged up all the vacuum ports & was able to get it started with a decent idle. Still need to locate & connect the cable accelerator...but need some help in identifying some "extra" parts. I beleive the items labeled 1&2 are part of the kickdown for an auto trans. (I am still running a 3 speed manual) Any assistance in identifying these parts would be greatly appreciated. (Extra MOPAR point for pictures showing them connected :)

DSCN3925.jpg

I believe these are Super Six kickdown linkages.
I took these photo's about 4 years ago for a friend that wanted to get them for his Super Six project.
I don't remember why we had the other rod laying alongside.
(worth 2 points?)

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

I'll take a stab at it: 1 & 2 is the kickdown linkage; #3 is the part that attaches to the kickdown rod at the transmission, #4 looks like it might be a solenoid of some kind - maybe part throttle?. #5 is a sensor for in the radiator or intake manifold, #6 is some kind of vacuum part that is attached to the super six air cleaner (have the same thing on my loose SS6 air cleaner.

1: Kickdown rod.
2: Kickdown bracket/pivot
3: Kickdown lever (on trans)
4: Throttle kicker solenoid (on carb)
5: Intake charge air temperature sensor (on intake manifold, w/Lean Burn)
6: Hose, air cleaner thermo sensor to thermostatic snorkel damper actuator, with reservoir check valve (on air cleaner)

WOW - You guys are fast & good. Thanks to everyone for the help. I connect the applicable stuff for my 65 (#4, 5 & 6). Thanks again!

You don't need the air charge temp sensor unless for some really strange reason you installed Lean Burn on your car (most people take Lean Burn off to make their cars run better). You don't need the throttle kick solenoid unless you have A/C. But the thermostatic air cleaner should be in good shape and hooked up, with the flex duct running down to the sheetmetal heat stove around the central collector of the exhaust manifold and another (larger) flex duct to the front of the engine bay.

-
Back