Need help with 7 1/4 rear drain plug

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Help guys. Want to change out the ancient fluid in my valiants rear and having a hard time recalling what the heck fits the plug. Know its not a torx but appears to be 8 sided from the finger test i gave it this afternoon. Will a 3/8 or 1/2 inch breaker fit? Thanks for help.

Oldschoolcuda

I've removed that plug to top off the oil . To change the oil I alway remove the cover.

I have a electric suction pump I'll use to remove old fluid from plug hole. Hopefully.

It's much better if you remove the cover and flush out all the sediment in the bottom. Plus, you can get a better idea of the condition of the gears with the cover removed.

Thanks RedFish & cudamark. Didn't want to deal with shipping on gasket for cover since she needs to be ready for a road trip to mopar madness this weekend , or just using silicone but my local NAPA actually has one in stock, removing cover definately best way to get all of old fluid out & check condition. Pretty sure she has never been opened up plus it is a rare 7 1/4 sure grip. Thanks for the help.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back