Need help with AC line

-

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
First, I like to give a shout-out to Whitepunkonnitro for the great used AC hose..MUCH better than anything I had! Thanks,Tony!

Ok, now I need to know if the rubber in the fitting that bolts to the compressor is a standard round "O ring" that gets crushed to look like this, or if I have another hard to find part?

Please look at the pics below. The upper one is my new hose that needs some sort of a seal. The lower one is the one I took off that has the seal.
Again, will a standard O ring crush like this, or is this seal something else?
Thanks as always!
Greg
oring.jpg

From the a/c o ring kits I've installed, they look like standard O rings with a fancy color.

It is a normal shape "O" ring, but needs to be a material that is compatable with the refrigerant you will be using. If R134a it should be green in color. I have those "O" rings, but just go to a local A/C shop and get one. Probably cheaperand quicker then me sending one.

O'reilly's or Autozone will A/C O-ring kits. You CANNOT use a normal O-ring.

I get mine from Napa because they have cases with individual A/C o'rings of all sizes and all Autozone has is multipacks that usually don't have the o'ring that I need.

It is a normal shape "O" ring, but needs to be a material that is compatable with the refrigerant you will be using. If R134a it should be green in color. I have those "O" rings, but just go to a local A/C shop and get one. Probably cheaperand quicker then me sending one.

Right on.

-
Back