need help with my build card and options

-

bumnround

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda vin#BH23E72336365 Chrysler Heritage sent me a copy of the build card but the quality is poor at best. There are many columns with a dark black rectangle on them. The printing on the columns is not legible. They listed some options for it but left a couple blank like TRIM:= H5X, accessory group:=0, accessory group:=7. Is paint code 881 bright blue metallic the same as B5 blue? I have no fender tag and am trying to document that this is a Formula S. What does Galen do? I have seen people brag about there car being documented by Galen. I would like proper documentation and a fendertag, is he the way to go? Thanks in advance FABO

Don't know if this is much help, but I would say that your Barracuda is a Formula S car since it has the 235HP 4BBL 273. In '67 this engine was only available in Formula S 'Cudas and Valiant Signet 2 door hardtops. At least that is all I've ever seen the Commando 273 in or read about in dealership literature.

I also believe it's an S car cause it has all the right stuff like sway bar,discs,150mphspeedo and original badges. I would like to prove this to myself though. Anybody else out there with a 67 formula S notch? Thanks grumpus for the reply.

Know what you mean, was the same for me with a hard to read punch hole card.
Here´s what I did, sent a letter to Chrysler historic and asked for if they could send me a copy of a blank but sharp punch hole card.
Did reacive it after a couple of month´s, to my surprise, really great service.
Here´s a scan of the card, got a little easier to understand the IBM card.

IMG.jpg

I Bought A 67 Fastback With 273 Ho And I Have The Fender Tag.
It Shows The 235 4 Bbl But I Can't Find Anything Where It Says Formula S. The Emblems On The Fender Were Missing So That Is No Help. It Came With A 7 1/4 Rear And A Doubt That A Formula S Would. What Else Might Tell Me If It Is A Formula A?
Thanks Stan

i HAVE SEEN OTHER 67'S WITH THE E-CODE 273 THAT WERE NOT AN S CAR.

I have a 67 barracuda vin#BH23E72336365 Chrysler Heritage sent me a copy of the build card but the quality is poor at best. There are many columns with a dark black rectangle on them. The printing on the columns is not legible. They listed some options for it but left a couple blank like TRIM:= H5X, accessory group:=0, accessory group:=7. Is paint code 881 bright blue metallic the same as B5 blue? I have no fender tag and am trying to document that this is a Formula S. What does Galen do? I have seen people brag about there car being documented by Galen. I would like proper documentation and a fendertag, is he the way to go? Thanks in advance FABO
Accessory Group 36 with a 7 is a Formula S.
Look at the left and right sides of your build card, there are numbers going up starting from 9.
On the bottom there are numbers going from 1 to 80.
So, in your Accessory Group #36 (the numbers on the bottom) the punch hole in that colume should be aligned with the 7s on the left and right.

So, Formula S is equal to 367, which translates to F7 on the Fender Tag.

Trim H5X, I almost don't believe it!! That is a a black split bench seat, same as mine. Is yours a 4 speed?

881 is bright blue metallic.
E is 273 CID/235 HP 4 BBL V8.

If you send me your build card I can decode the entire thing for you.

FYI: Chrysler used the build card to make the fender tag and the buildsheet, and they are supposed to be more accurate.

I Bought A 67 Fastback With 273 Ho And I Have The Fender Tag.
It Shows The 235 4 Bbl But I Can't Find Anything Where It Says Formula S. The Emblems On The Fender Were Missing So That Is No Help. It Came With A 7 1/4 Rear And A Doubt That A Formula S Would. What Else Might Tell Me If It Is A Formula A?
Thanks Stan
F7 on the Fender Tag, and get the build card from Chrysler.

I Do Not Have A Build Card. The First Part Of The Vin # Isbh29e721.
The Fender Tag Is Less All The Abc Stuff Are-first Line 64 Second Line
O 1 4 2third Line 4 Hx6 Zz1 B Forth Line Bh29 32 5 235 B29 02058. I Also Have The Manufacturer's Statement Of Origin To A Motor Vehicle. It Does Not Say Much Except Weight 2941 And Hp 42.2
I Have No Idea Why It Says 42.2 Instead Of 235.
If This Makes To Anyone Let Me Know. Thanks Stan

Send $45 to Chrysler for the build record, it is definitely worth it.
http://www.chryslerheritage.com/newsroom.do?id=390&mid=135&mid=146

If there is not a 7 under the capital F it is not a Formula S.

BH29E721
BH29 is the same as the tag: Barracuda fastback
E is the 273
7 is 1967
2 is where it was built: Hamtramck, MI
and the 1 is the first number of the 6 digit sequence number.

The numbers you gave for lines 1 thru 3 are useless without the letter that is above the number.

I can guess on line 3, you listed it as 4 Hx6 Zz1 B, did you mean H6X?

Bh29 32 5 235 B29 02058

Car line PLYMOUTH Barracuda
Price class High
Body type 2 door sports hardtop
Engine 273 4bbl 8cyl 235hp LA [373/382]
Transmission Transmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]
Tires 6.95x14 white 2-4 steel (x5) [432/443]
Production date November 29, 1966
Shipping order 02058

4 H6X ZZ1 B
Axle Axle-3.23:1 [404]
Trim Grade High [32H]
Seat type Bucket vinyl [336]
Trim color Black [34X]
Paint 1 Gold metallic [27Z]
Paint 2 Gold metallic [28Z]
Paint scheme Mono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paint Black

Thanks. I Guess That We Now Know That All 273 Ho Were Not S Cars. The 64 Is Under Ab. Nothing Under The Capital F. O Is Under Capital G. 1 Under R. 4 Under T. 2 Under X. Thanks For The Info. I Will Get The Build Sheet.
Stan

Matthon, Thak you very much for all the info provided. I would like to take you up on your very generous offer to decode my build card. If you PM'd me your full address I would like to send you a copy as well as a couple bucks to go out for lunch. Are you interested? Yes it is a 4-speed, I love bench seat 4-speed. I knew in my heart that it is a formula-s but without a fendertag you just never know. Blue,black bench,4-speed and in dash tach, this is my keep it till I'm dead car. You seem very knowledgable in this area, are you in the bussiness or just a mopar junkie? Any idea how many 67 formula-S notchback 4-gear cars were made? I'm not to good on the computer but I'm going to figure out members galleries so I can see your car, this post probably took half hour or more. Thanks again, I'm very exited. Greg.

-
Back