need help with oil filter attachment

-

6dart9

Reaction score
I have a 340 I built. All is done just need to get the oil filter attached to the block. I have a 90deg adapter but I am running dougs headers. On the plate that goes on the block when you are not using the 90deg adapter there is a gap between the plate and block and gasket. Lit doesn't seat all the way it should. The gasket is thick but not thick enough. Any one have a way to make this work?

Thanks

Justin

Justin,

If possible, use a short filter and the standard plate.

They tend to not leak like the 90* adapter.

I'm not sure what you have going there but something isn't right. Someone should have an exploded view showing the proper assembly and gaskets.

I want to use the short filter and plate instead of the 90deg when I put the plate to the block with the gasket there is still a gap. I found the exploded view on here and it shows block then gasket then the plate then the bolt thing. It is just as if the gasket is not thick enough. Hope this makes sense

I had the same problem on one of my installs .I had to use two of the thick gaskets two make it seal.

Make sure the outer ring of the block is clean.

I've never had to use two gaskets. Maybe I'm lucky.

Another thing, drill 4 more holes, same diameter, in the plate before installing it.

I have a couple of those plates if you need a different one.

Make sure the outer ring of the block is clean.

I've never had to use two gaskets. Maybe I'm lucky.

Another thing, drill 4 more holes, same diameter, in the plate before installing it.

I have a couple of those plates if you need a different one.

What he said......holy smokes i'm agreeing with Crackedback..see people can change..lol:-D:-D

parts store get you some thicker gasket material an try that maybe .... not fond of the 90 degree adapter every one i tried to use leaked an have 4 different ones ....all setting on the shelf

If the plate hits the block in the center before the outer edge hits the gasket I would say the plate has been distorted. The few times I have had these off/on the outer edge has always hit the gasket and you got a turn or more of the adapter before the center bottomed on the block.

I would get another plate, doubling up gaskets is just asking for leaks down the road.

-
Back