Need Help with paint code

-

forespeed

Reaction score
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=46156.0

index.php

I think the "G" should be ignored and that leaves Y4 or which for Dodge is Gold and Plymouth is Honeydew. In reality the original paint looks a little more like Sunfire Yellow. Not sure what to do.

Your car looks like it is painted Fawn,, but Chrysler sometimes used different names for identical colours and used different mixes for the same colour names like crazy plum comes in 3 different shades (I think).

Your car looks like it is painted Fawn,, but Chrysler sometimes used different names for identical colours and used different mixes for the same colour names like crazy plum comes in 3 different shades (I think).
Actually, the mixes are identical. The only thing that changed was the name.

For example:

FC7 is Plum Crazy and In Violet
GY3 is Citron Yella and Curious Yellow
FE5 is Bright Red and Rallye Red

The Prefix denotes the year in which a color was first offered.

E = 1969
F = 1970
G = 1971

However, most paint stores do not know this. They will ask you for the year and paint code. If you tell the 1970 FC7, odds are the guy behind the counter will say they don't have that one. If you say 1970 Dodge (or Plymouth) C7, they will pull up the plum crazy formula. It really gets tricky with things like B5 blue. 1969/1970 EB5 is totally different than 1971 GB5

Bottom line, make sure you know what color you want (and what year it was actually used) if you are having paint mixed.

Like everyone else just did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 777
-
Back